Monday, May 10, 2010

C-Rations: 0C110001

This week’s offering is Cloud Gate.

“What'choo talkin' 'bout, Tower? ” 6" x 4" cut post card.


Bespin C says:

Some of you may have already guessed from last week’s C-Rations that I am in America’s Second City- Chicago this week. Besides the Art Institute, the two main attractions that anyone must see are the Willis Tower and the Cloud Gate. I enjoyed this week being able to use a piece of art to create art. It has been a year since the Sears Tower was officially renamed and these souvenir cards are beginning to be replaced by the new ones. My tribute this week reflects the iconic name slowly slipping away to become a piece of Chicago’s cultural memory at the same time embracing part of a recent addition to it.

Remember each Monday during the 3.0 year I am posting an original skull design. My weekly offerings are nothing compared to the one-a-day massive project done by the Skullmaster in 1.0, but hopefully you will find some nourishment in these weekly offerings.

Need more nourishment? You can always Friend or Follow.

5 comments:

Abby Davis said...

Very clever.

Noah said...

Excellent use of public art!

Chris Z. said...

"Bespin C"

Heh!

Tatman said...

Nice work. Is it just me or does anyone else see the bucktooth skull simulacra in the top of the building on the right?

Noah said...

Ha, I totally see it!