Friday, July 30, 2010

[Flashback Friday] 159. Six-Pack Skull

Welcome to another addition of Flashback Friday.** This year the guest editors, Azurafae, Tatman, and myself, Citizen Agent, are taking turns counting down our personal favorite 17 skulls from the Original 365.25 Year. So please join us as we visit the archives and add our additional commentary on some of the original pieces.

#10: 159. Six-Pack Skull


Floatsom C says:

Today we get into my favorite top ten. This is a piece that I felt never got the full recognition it deserved. Seeing this piece always reminds me of how when I was a child I was told how important it was to cut these up before we threw them away. I remembering being told about the animals that would get caught in them and die if we didn’t do it. This piece serves as a fitting commentary on that idea. This is another piece that falls into that wonderful category of what I see as readymades. The object remains the same, just changed in its appearance. The ability to do this is something that was repeated in much of the original 365.25 and it is something that I continue to admire in Noah’s work. On a side note speaking of trash in the ocean, I just want to share this fascinating story that I think about often.

**Flashback Friday was a weekly countdown of the fan selected top 52 skulls of Skull-A-Day 1.o. Each week during year 3.0 The Skullmaster posted the original skull along with some additional commentary in order from lowest to highest rated, with the #1 skull appearing in the last week of year 3.0, all 52 can be found here.

1 comment:

Noah said...

I'm glad you liked that one! It was surprisingly hard to make since there really wasn't a lot of material to work with.