Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dia de la Abby #54 - Wooden Skulls

This piece is inspired by wanting to improve my carving skills using my Dremel.


Painted


Non-painted


Sawdust from hours of carving


This project took a lot longer than anticipated. Cheap wood equals inconsistent wood and therefor harder to carve and keep smooth. It's pretty good for my first try at carving with a Dremel. I used engraving bits to carve the details. I used a drill bit and a large engraving bit to carve the open areas. I used watered down acrylic paint to make the white and black color washes. All the carving created an impressive amount of sawdust, so I made a little skull with that before cleaning it up. I plan on storing my Beaded Skull Broach in it.


Every other Thursday in the 5.0 year, I will post my own Dia de la Abby creations   Every Thursday in the 4.0 year, I posted my Dia de la Abby creations and occasionally tutorials with instructions on how I made my pieces. Hopefully you feel inspired by my posts just as I was by Noah's Skull-A-Day 1.0 daily project. Need more of me than just a weekly dose, follow me on  FacebookGoogle+ and/or Twitter..

No comments: