Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tuesdays With Tatman #23

As I venture further into this 3.0 year I find myself inspired more and more by previous skulls made by the Skull Master. This week I was drawn back to a favorite of many readers, the Acorn Skull/Skorn.



Pecan trees are quite popular in Texas, and the round shape of this fellow just called out to be carved into a skull. I guess it saved him from being made into a delicious pie.

Each Tuesday in the 3.0 year will bring a new Tuesday With Tatman. As a tribute to the Skull Master's astounding feat let's all get creative and try something new(and hopefully skull related).

BTW, happy 11/10/09 to everyone(especially zbalat) who writes the date this way. It only comes around once every hundred years.

3 comments:

Noah said...

Awesome!

Abby Davis said...

the Acorn nut is one of my favorites, so this one is too! I never look at acorns the same way again,

Citizen Agent said...

Shelled C said:

I am bowled over by your skill on this. I know I have asked many times, but what do you use to carve with such detail?