Friday, November 19, 2010

[Flashback Friday] 129. Skull of Bones

Welcome to another addition of Flashback Friday.** This year the guest editors, Citizen Agent, Tatman, and myself, Azurafae, are taking turns counting down our personal favorite 17 skulls from the Original 365.25 Year. So please join us as we visit the archives and add our additional commentary on some of the original pieces.

#11 - 129. Skull of Bones


I thought this one was especially neat because it used human bones to create a skull. It reminds me of Francois Robert's "Stop the Violence" work with bones. I like that the bones are layered over each other. It gives some structural stability and casts shadows to the bones below. The use of the vertebrae for the teeth, is appropriate, since vertebrae look like teeth along your spine. I wonder where Noah has stored these bones. Perhaps he stores this skeleton in his closet...


**Flashback Friday was a weekly countdown of the fan selected top 52 skulls of Skull-A-Day 1.o. Each week during year 3.0 The Skullmaster posted the original skull along with some additional commentary in order from lowest to highest rated, with the #1 skull appearing in the last week of year 3.0, all 52 can be found here.

2 comments:

Noah said...

Ha! I should put them in a closet just so I can say that. I wish I had a real skeleton to work with like Francois Robert, didn't discover his work til well after the project was done, it's awesome!

Andytgeezer said...

Wowwwww! What a great idea and so well done!