Friday, December 23, 2011

Dia de la Abby #67: Embroidered Skull Ornament

Since it's the season for holiday celebrations, this is the perfect time to make a skull ornament.



I've wanted to do a hand embroidered skull for a while, but since I've been doing embroidery since I was a young child, I wanted a challenge. I choose to make this embroidered skull through layers of bridal tulle and stiffen it with a simple glue mixture. This was so the skull would be delicate looking, but sturdy. This is meant to be a holiday ornament, but could be framed or used as an applique. This thankfully wasn't too challenging, so I am able to provide you all with a tutorial.


Every other Thursday in the 5.0 year, I will post my own Dia de la Abby creations   Every Thursday in the 4.0 year, I posted my Dia de la Abby creations and occasionally tutorials with instructions on how I made my pieces. Hopefully you feel inspired by my posts just as I was by Noah's Skull-A-Day 1.0 daily project. Need more of me than just a weekly dose, follow me on  FacebookGoogle+ and/or Twitter.

1 comment:

dolores said...

That is a beauty! I think I would have to keep it out all year round!:)
Merry, merry!